Thursday, December 18, 2008

Memphis Weekend

Ben and I getting ready for the race. It was freezing cold!
Dan let me borrow his coat to get warmed up before we started.
Dan and I in front of AutoZone Park. We finished inside the pakr and ran part of the way around the field. It was pretty cool.
Laura and I post race. I hate this pic but it was the only one of us and I had to show her there supporting me.
Valerie and I probably dominating at shuffleboard!
Dan and I won the first game of pool. Go us!
Waiting to eat some BBQ at The Rendezvous. IT really turned out to not be that great.
Cute pic of Ben and Val waiting.
Before dinner on Saturday we went to the zoo to see Christmas lights. It was fun.
The four of us post race.

December 5-7 we went to Memphis for the St. Judes Marathon/Half Marathon Race. Ben (my cousin Valerie's husband---they live in Nashville and met us there) and I ran the half marathon and both finished in good times. He finished right at his goal time (1 hour 34 minutes) and I finished 1 1/2 minutes under my goal time (1 hour and 48.5 minutes). We had a lot of fun, despite the freezing cold weather. After the race I got so cold I couldn't stop shaking so we had to make it back to the hotel pretty quick and didn't hang around. We were all starving so we ate lunch at the hotel restaurant and then took naps. We were pooped! After our naps we got ready and went to the zoo to see the Christmas light display, which was cool. We had dinner at the Rendezvous, who is supposedly super famous for their great ribs and to be honest, they weren't that good. But that's just my opinion. After dinner, we went out on Beale Street for a while then made our way back to the hotel and hung out at the Fox and Hound across the street. It was a late night with tons of laughs. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long long time. We got up and headed home the next morning. It was such a fun weekend. I hope we get to do it again soon. Everytime we hang out with Ben and Val we laugh and laugh and just have so much fun. Wish we were closer so we could spend more time together. And we will NEVER forget our experience at the Waffle House Sunday morning...haha! Good times!

No comments: